Hello all. I have been reading Ruth's online journal for about a year and it is so wonderful. I feel as though I am still a part of her life even though she lives so far away. I have decided finally to give it a try. So here goes :)
Today was a long day. Opps- yesterday seeing it is well past 1am. So, over 24 hours ago my day started with a lab. It was a live mixing lab. Mainly this meant that we could play around on the gear in the live venue if we wanted. I just happened to take my cello along, so Victor, Jenny, the lab instructor and I played around with stuff. I played cello while they experimented with microphones and effects. It was cool to hear what they did to me while I played, and I played really well too- wanting to impress my friends.
Then I had class at 9am to 1pm. This was my last day with Hunter Menning as my teacher. Hunter is a blast and makes audio electronics simple enough for just anyone off the street... that is no simple task. "Eliminate the Fear, Open up the Gear." Is one of his MANY solgans. Then I had my lab for that class from 1pm to about 2:30pm. It is suppose to go until 5pm, but there wasn't much to do so we left early.
Then Jenny and Victor came over to my place and we worked on our final project for our other class. We are building a sound system for a medium size venue. It is fun, just time consuming. After they left I forgot that my phone was off and in my backpack... I do that A LOT. It ended up I had a couple of voicemails. One was from Matthew. They were going to see a movie and wanted me to join them. I wasn't extremely excited about it, but knew I would enjoy the company.
Movie Review
Turns out that Reign of Fire greatly surpassed my expectations. Seeing I had very low ones, it should not have been hard. The main character, Christian Bale, did a wonderful job and Matthew McConaughey, though not the hunk he is in every other movie, did fine. It was a good break from his normal roles. The plot was predictable, but enjoyable. The soundtrack had some really good moments.... but Renee, it may be a little too like Jurassic Park for you to like... ;) So if you are looking for a slightly orginal action film, it is not a bad choice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home