Saturday, July 27, 2002

Since I have seen a lot of movies lately I can back track with the movie reviews a bit. I have seen a lot of good movies in the past month. Some of these are still in the theater. So if you like what I say about them- maybe you need to go check it out :)

Movie Review
I have seen The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood four times since it was released. It is the ULIMATE chick flick. That is not a bad thing! (as long as you are a chick) It has some great lines, though there is a good amount of profanity. The story is moving and it is just a nice piece of acting. I love Maggie Smith and she is an absolute jewel in this movie. There are a few moments where you will forget that the older and younger versions of the main character is not the same person. The best part is the actor who plays Conner. A very handsome man with a wonderful accent. You will have to see what kind when you see the film. This is a great mother daughter film that shows how important it is for us not to forget that our mothers are just humans too.

I saw The Borne Identity and Minority Report in the same week. They are both action films and have a similar feel, but are very different movies. I like Minority Report better. It did have one moment where I had to shut my eyes due to gross food stuff. I loved some of the futurist concepts that Spielberg came up with- especially the advertising ones. It is definately one of his films with great timing and a well done musical score by.... yes you got it- John Williams. The Borne Identity was a good spy movie, but I never quite agreed with how easily the lead female fell for and forgives Matt Damon. A little too fake, even for Hollywood. It is neat seeing all the locations and how Borne finds his idenitity- hince the name of the film. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home