Sunday, July 28, 2002

The sermon, as always, was WONDERFUL. One of the main things I will miss when I leave here is Joel's preaching. Tonight we looked at Acts 23:1-12. When I read this passage before, I never picked up on the anger that Paul showed and how bad his name calling was. I think this is because once Paul finds out who he is talking to, he changes his approach and attitude. But it is comforting to know that even Paul looses his temper and does name calling, but he also knew to stop and focus on what was right. Also, instead of making himself the center of the enraged room, he put them against each other. Joel pointed out what a wonderful oppurtunity this was for the Sadducees and Pharisees. They had before them one of the best preachers in history, they had there the one that could tell them the answer to all of their questions. Yet they fought among themselves and lost the oppurtunity to know Jesus. At the end of the passage tonight Jesus appears to Paul and told him that he would be going to Rome. So many times I focus on going to LA and doing my ministry out there- but tonight I was reminded that it is my struggles along the way that clears the path for me to make my biggest mark or God. Like Pauls struggles in Jerusalem take him to Rome to share Chirst and that changes the world forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home