Saturday, March 15, 2003

I know it has been WAY TOO LONG since I have done a really post. I am sorry for that. I have been busy so there is much I could have been wiriting. My parents have moved into their new house. It is absolutely beautiful. They are living right on the North Carolina/South Carolina line. Mom and I had fun driving around North Carolina looking for a Home Depot or Lowes. Finally we found one in Shelby. A straight shot to Shelby would be about 45 minutes. Not bad seeing that the closest grocery store is only 20 minutes away. Mom and Dad will have fun learning all the back ways to things. In less than two days I leave the solidtude of their country house and heading to one of the largest cities in the world. Quite a change. I was falling in love with the country... but just sitting here being lazy and getting fatter... that is the last thing I need. So the excitment of the city and having a job will be just what I need.

Mom is going out with me. The orginal plan was for me to head out and caravan with a friend. He is having problems getting all the loose ends together to get out there. He is also lacking some one to live with to reduce his housing costs. I praise God that my parent set money aside long ago for this time in my life. I have estimated that I can go about 6 months in LA without any income. But... that is not my plan :) Because any income will extend that time. :) Mom wasn't extremely excited about going out with me... but we will have fun. Here is where we are planning on stopping along the way. Memphis, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Flagstaff (spend an extra night there to see the Grand Canyon and all), and last to LA. Mom will fly back to SC a few days later. Hopefully we will be able to find me a place and get settled a bit before mom leaves. I think I am going to do the two months free dialup service until I can get back on to a cable or DSL system. The problem is that I am not plannin on having a ground line in LA.... so it would mainly just be for the trip out.

Well... I need to get packing and get to sleep. I am doing a 10 hour drive my first day! Mom better do a good job of keeping me entertained... b/c I don't think I can just stick in Five Iron when I get tired. For some reason... mom does seem like she would appreciate Five Iron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home