I thought I wrote an entry earlier... but I guess not. So I will back track abit :) I had a WONDERFUL weekend! I went to Saturday night church (b/c I couldn't go Sunday night you'll see why later) and afterwards a friend of mine from Bible study invited me to dinner and a movie. Dinner was spectacular! We ate at a Chinese restuarant names P.F. Changs. The food was really yummy. We had Lettuce wraps. You spoon this chicken, rice, mushroom, and other stuff mixture into a lettuce left and then wrap it up like a burrito and eat it. Then we split an order of honey baked shrimp and brown rice. Everything was sooo good. It was a tad expensive... but my friend offered to pay the bill... no matter how much I refused. Then we went to see Bruce Almighty. I was really shocked how good the movie was. I knew it would be funny, but there were some really good themes in there. I love how they protrayed free will. Of course there were some parts where the theology wasn't exactly right, but it was a fun movie and a great movie to talk about later with friends. So that was Saturday.
Sunday: I went to the 11am Sunday School class at my church in Pasadena. I had met a good number of these people at the beach last Monday. It was a good time and nice to see these people as well as some from my Bible Study there. Afterwards about 8 of us headed down to Thai Town near Hollywood for a Thailand Festival that was going on. There we watched as they put on exibits of Thai culture... like music and kick boxing... and grabbed some really good and really cheap Thai food. I was amazed when I saw some wooden frogs that you could rub there backs with a stick and they made a frog like sound. Dad brought the girls back the exact same thing when he went to Vietnam. They also had a huge stand up bamboo xylophone on the stage- like my dad brought me from Vietnam... but mine was a lot smaller. They also had a time where they invited other nations up to perform. There was a group from the Philippines. They had really cool musical instruments that I really liked.
After getting sun burnt at the Thai Festival I had a Book Club meeting. Some of the girls from Wednesday Night Small Group decided to start a book club. It is not just for people from Bible Study... it is really cool and is meant to be an evangelical tool. We do not read "Christian" books. One of the goals of the club is to get more into the world and see where they are coming from. So we read The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown last month and had a excellent discussion about that. This next month we are going to read The Secret Life of Bees which takes place in South Carolina. That should be really neat!!
Well that was my weekend. I know that almost 4 days have past since... sorry it took me so long to get to the journal.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home