Sunday, September 15, 2002

It's been a while, so you need to get a movie review or two :)

Movie Review
Though I have had classes all weekend, I have been able to cram some movies into this weekend aswell. :) Last night on cable AI came on. It is actually on as I type this review again. AI in one word is weird. I think there is a lot of good stuff in it, but after the first hour it goes downhill fast. And the ending??... well... it is weird... I should be able to do better than that... the ending is weak! Who knows what really happens? Haley Joel and Frances O'Conner (who I LOVE from Mansfield Park) are the best parts about the film. When the story leaves the family's home, the story twist and turn more than the Charleston. It left me in the dust.

Signs, on the other hand, is a wonderful work of art. I went to see it tonight at Matthew's recommendation after church. The theme of "loosing your faith" always frustrates me, but that is Hollywood for ya. I was most impressed with the sound design. It was a fairly quiet movie. There were losts of sound effects, not much music, but the music that was there was FANTASTIC. During the opening credits I thought I was going to see "Music by Bernard Herman"- it sounded like a Hitchcock film. I do find it funny that M. Knight keeps getting longer and longer roles in each of his movies. In this one he is in more than one scene. I will get on the "ya gotta see this film" bandwagon, though I may be one of the last people on it... seeing everyone else I know has already seen it. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home