Friday, March 28, 2003

Since I have moved to LA I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions brought upon by massive culture shock! But now... I have turned around and I am doing well. I have spent the last two days at Wilshire Stages in Beverly Hills. I sat in and observed the re- recording mixing of two very different Imax films. The first one will only air in Texas.... they may want to show it elsewhere but... it will never make it. All it did was talk about how people in Texas are better than everyone else. The movie today was much better. Tim Allen was the vocal talent and it will have a wider release. Also today was more exciting because they were at the stem making stage... the predub stage (which I sat in yesterday) was more boring. Of course the film was too ;)

But the big news today is who I saw. The guy who invited me to sit in the session told me to come outside and pretend like we were talking. He told me to watch the men's bathroom door, because Robert Redford was in there. Sure enough... Robert Redford comes out and walks right towards me. My contact says something to him... to give me a longer look :) then Robert Redford walked into the ADR stage. He looks sooo old. But I guess he is getting up there. I never did find out what he was working on... but who cares... I saw my first movie star... I really am in Hollywood now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home