Monday, June 09, 2003

Another brush with fame. Well I can add a few more celebs to my checkoff list. :) Though these people are no where near the popularity of Robert Redford. Oh wait... before I tell you who... I better tell you where. Victor, Tina (his girlfriend), and I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain yesterday. It is about 30 miles away from us... not far at all and we had half price tickets. I will talk more about the park in a sec. In our first line we were standing next to Jack Osbourne. If you don't know who that is... he is the son of Ozzy Osbourne and has a hit tv show on MTV. We were in a couple of lines with him... and in one they started a wave in line. It made the wait a little more enjoyable. Then on our way out of the park we were waiting for the trolley and Tina and I noticed a set of twins right in front of us. We were thinking they were from 7th Heaven... but then it struck her... they were all the kids from Everybody Loves Raymond. We sat right behind them on the trolley and talked with them a little (but not about the show... as badly as we wanted to). The funniest part was... we decided to go to Red Lobster when we left... and so did this family with the twins and little girl from the show. It was soooo funny :) So that was our brush with fame at Six Flags... now about the park.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is a thrill seeker's dream. We rode 7 rollercoasters yesterday and that wasn't even all of them!!! My favorite was called Goliath (yes like David and Goliath). This rollercoaster is what is called a mega-coaster. It is a new bred of coasters.... it is the tallest coaster with a drop of 255 ft... and you are going down that at 85 miles per hour. Since it is soooooooooo big it is rather smooth and the turns are rather loose. But it uses negative and positive g-force to hold you into your seat. So you just have a lap bar, but go sideways and upside down. It was really hard to keep my arms up against the force pushing them down. IT WAS SUCH A COOL RIDE... that will be the first one I go to next time!! I could keep telling you about the awesome rollercoasters.... but there was something else funny that happened that is more enjoyable. When we were going to get on Goliath we all wanted to sit up front. Well since there were 3 of us, that meant that I would be riding in the most desirable spot on the coaster by myself. Well... there was this guy in front of me who was also by himself. I asked if I could join him on the ride. Ok------ this guy----- was weird!!! He ended up sticking with us for the rest of the day. Telling me about his days as an LAPD and all the times he got shot. How to sneak into the front of the lines. About his ex-wife stabbing him 2 times (I don't blame her ;). About his 5 bedroom house in El Paso, TX. It was just weird!!! I was so glad Victor was there, but none of us had the heart to tell him to leave us alone. He was there with a group of 35 people and I guess none of them wanted to hang out with him. Thank goodness we didn't meet him until the end of our day- I would have gone crazy. But it was fun to do a good deed and make his day. It was just weird!!

Between our celebs and this guy... It was an interesting, but extremely fun day. My sore body and throat can testify to that :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home