Thursday, December 29, 2005

Drama. Why does it over take our minds, emotions, and thoughts. Hollywood has used this to their advantage, but why does it enter our lives so freely?

Work is just drama after drama. It is hard to step back, step out of it and make smart lasting decisions. Many of the reasons we are in the dilemmas that we are is rash emotional thinking. Sending off cashflow and crossing fingers that it will replenish. Not preparing for the worse, just reacting to it. The challenging part is that a lot of the bad decisions were made before I had any say. Would I have made different choices?? I don't know. Everyone has learned a ton from their mistakes. Through these mistakes, we know what not to do next time.

This business truly has and is attending the school of hard knocks. And we are failing most of the time I feel. The sad thing is that we have a great office, a great idea, and even great people. Just inexperienced, young, and willing to take risk and hope.

I think back to when I was a child. I never wondered if we would have food, just what was for dinner. I never wondered if I would have a place to live, I just went home. You take so much for granted, but live a live in comfort. The bigger worries are taken care of by wonderful parents or grandparents. Though I believe that I have these bigger worries now... I am reminded that a house and a dinner (though important) are still small to the major problems in this life. I still want to feel that comfort and security. When I do, I can step out of the drama and see what is important. Thank you God for always being bigger, deeper, wider, and long than any issue on this earth. Any issue in my life.

When looked at in perspective, I will be fine if this company doesn't make it. Of course I would rather it grow, expand, and make a difference in this world. But it will not do that on my power. If I am given more responsibility, it is just an outlet for God's will into this business. Please continue to pray with me that this experience will not overwhelm or engulf me. That the drama will not define this time. Help the rest of those involved to be able to put this in perspective. I am not down playing how this could effect the lives of so many- with it's success and failures. I am wrapped up in this drama, whether I like it or not. I just pray that it does not define me and cloud God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home