Ok... Long time no post. I am back. I needed an outlet to get some thoughts out. Thought you guys might enjoy the insight into my life.
Here is what has inspired me to start back. Work. Get that. It is really tough at the office. But it is also so fulfilling at times. Talk about rollercoaster rides! I am extremely frustrated at present. I went from having two full time decent helpers (one really good), to just me. My department has always been a bottleneck for the company and it was hard to see it become even more so. Just feel like so much is on my shoulders and my day to day choices. I have to answer "why are you doing that?" and "when are you going to work on that?" and "is this ever going to get done?". It is so hard to think direction when there is just work piling up.
I did get someone from another department that helps me in the afternoons. It is hard to know how much to give her. It takes time to train... and time I don't have much of... well, free time that is. Giving 30 minutes to train to save hours in the long run is not a bad deal though. She is doing well, but I feel like I am giving too much responsiblity and control too fast. There is no way she can understand the gravity of the choices. Not when her brain is only half into it... and knows so little of the background... so little of the why... just the how.
Well... now... to top it all off. I was asked by the President to leave my department and becoming acting CEO for a time. My brain goes so many directions on this.
1-There is the power and authority thing. My prayer is to be humble. Not strecth those muscle and if I do, not for my own benieft.
2- Excitment. It is amazing to think about being CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation at the age of 27.
3- Fear. The company needs a lot of help. I don't know what I am doing. Will I make it worse (not easy to do at this point). Can I get a grasp on everything in such a short time.
4- Business, Business, Business. Ideas just roll through the head. I already put one system into place. It will be hard to not be mean as I inspect and disect the business.
If you stay tuned.... You might get some juicy details. But I will try my best to hid the identity of the company and people involved.
Well.... I guess I am back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home