Monday, April 24, 2006

I cannot get this weekend's sermon out of my head. It was so applicable to my life at this time. It was the first in a 4 week series on work. This first week was "Why Work?" Here are the points that were gone over:

From Lowest Motivation to Highest
1- Necessity: Work to meet my needs
2- Prosperity: Work to succeed financially
3- Identity: Work to Express my SHAPE
4- Maturity: Work to Develop my character
5- Credibility: Work to be a witness to others
6- Generosity: Work to give to others
7- Eternity: Work to prepare for Heaven

It really made me look back at why I choose to work where I currently work (#1). Though I have been able to experience many of the other motivations. The hardest part for me is #3. Am I doing what I was really made for? I so wish I could be working for #6 & 7, but... how. What is my next step in my career? I had a good conversation with my business partner. He understand my desires... and backs me up. Even if that means I have to leave the company. We will see and I am not thinking that is the next step. Putting feelers out and developing and exploring my SHAPE is the first step. I am looking forward to my trip this summer. I hope that will open my eyes and give me a sense of signification and renewal. I remember when I went to Manila. That is where God spoke so clearly to me sending me out to California... maybe He'll fill me in on why I am out here on this trip :)

Pictures of Saddleback:

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I never knew that about Manilla...that is great. Yes, maybe you are right, the still small voice could crank up a few amps during your trip in Rwanda. I'd say God knows what's up and He has His perfect timing. Clocking out myself!!

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you having blogger's block?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home