What do you do on those days where half the office gives 2 weeks notice? I got to experience this today. Not quite but 2 of 6 is still too many people. Our customer support rep gave hers, then the person who sits in the same room here told me she is thinking about giving it as well. Oh boy... rough times at the office... again!! Had a talk with the President. He is never here and when he is... he isn't. So we are going to sit down and make some tough decisions next week. About what we are wanting to get out of this business, where it needs to go, what directions we need to take. Hello... this is something we should have already known!!! Work drama... aren't you guys tired of hearing about that yet? I am tired of dealing with it... that is for sure.
Online Thoughts of tmbcello3
I hope this will help you to know what is going on with me. Enjoy!


4 Comments:
lil' sis, i thought you have already sat down and had several "talks" like this! I don't see this helping out much.
My take on things without knowing much more, is that she ship is sinking and everyone knows/feels it. They are jumping ship and you need to jump ship soon as well! I know the captain usually sinks with the ship but you never signed up to be a captain, just a hard working decksman!
Is there anyone else out there who wants to chime in and encourage Tina to get looking for something else? Maybe if we get close to a million supporters, we can take a day off work and then have a march in the parking lot of Saddleback. Maybe that will get her attention!!
Big Bro,
I will chime in.
Dearest Tina, fellow blogger and sister in Christ,
I know you don't listen to that much secular music but in a Fleetwood Mac song...Stevie Nicks writes...
"I climbed a mountain and I turned around..."
Tina, you have climbed this mountain. I pray that you will consider turning around. Pat yourself on the back for putting up with all this muck...but you are not doing yourself any favors by staying there.
Let me take this "lifechoice" from another point of view...one that I can personally relate to because it was a mistake that I made.
No man will be interested in you if you continue to work at a job where all the people are unhealthy and unmanageable.
Now, I know that we do NOT make job decisions by thinking "what would some UNKNOWN man have me do here..."
I'm just saying that when we start to make better choices for ourselves as women about the friends we have and the people who chose to work with or work for...we become better women, more attractive to potential partners...
The situation that I was in when I was 30 is that I was working in a completely CO-DEPENDENT environment because why??? BECAUSE I WAS A STINKING CO-DEPENDENT MYSELF!! OUCH! I shudder as I write this!
I just could not see the writing on the walls. And you couldn't pry me away from what I'd convinced myself was MY Responsibility. I was a VP! I was earning six figures! These people needed my leadership?
What? You mean...they needed me to show them that working for a bunch of nutties was a GOOD-Thing??
If you want to lead these people, go in and tell them it is over for you because they are a bunch of crackers.
Well, maybe leave the crackers comment out.
*****
But seriously...God is equiping you in all sorts of ways...leaving breadcrumbs for you to see that beating a dead horse is stupid.
He even said to his disciples (and this is Danielle's paraphrase...) if one town isn't gonna listen to you...shake the dust off your feet and march, brothers. March until you find someone who wants to listen to what you have to tell them. Go find people who will appreciate a healthy, live-saving message of love and compassion.
I Praise God every day that Christ was the lamb. This leaves us free to let Him carry their sorrows, their burdens, our transgressions and all the things we just cannot accomplish in a reasonable, healthy manner. Christ is the lamb,not us. And this gives us SWEET FREEDOM in Christ! It's all possible through Him, baby! Amen!!!
I say...Freedom beckons! And a new life away from co-dependents...when people create a harmful environment that wrecks with your mind...you tell them to take a hike...
Or that you're gonna take a hike.
I've seen your trainers. They're cool.
Here's to loving you...
Danielle
Tina - Dad here. Sounds like we are near a new chapter in our lives. So I guess it is nearly time to read the last page, paragraph and sentence and get excited about what's coming up.
It has been a great chapter, hasn't it? You have learned more about business in three short years (short?), than I learned in a decade of of experience on top of my degree in Business Administration.
However, you can chalk up a lot more accomplishments than I have ever dreamed of. I have not had an unsaved boss agree to go to church with me. I have not had a hand in directly leading my employees to salvation in Christ. I have not been invited to attend the baptism for anyone that I have fired. And the list goes on.
Is Proficient Performance a better place because of Tina Brown (my only begotten daughter)? Yes! Is Burbank a better place becasue of Tina Brown (my only begotten daughter in whom I am well pleased)? Yes. Is Irvine a better place because of Tina Brown (my only begotten daughter who lives in the Word that became flesh)? Yes.
Do you know the best part of this book? Well, you are ending a chapter and not the book. I hope that God gives me many days to watch and enjoy being a father of that little girl who had trouble breathing her first set of breathes, but then sang the rest of her life.
Hey sweetheart. Have I told you that I love you lately? Well, guess what, "I love you". And that ain't gunna change!
My preacher told me (us) that the fruit of the spirit lives inside us. And one way to know if we are Christian is to see what comes out when we get squeezed. A lemon produces lemonaid, an apple produces apple juice, etc. My perception is that you are being squeezed right now. And my guess is that Tina-aid will be like the best wine at the wedding feast...touched by Jesus and ready to thrill all that celebrate.
Can daddy hold his little girl in his lap again and tell her that "everythings going to be okay"? Well, physically I cannot not do that from South Carolina. But in my heart of hearts, "Everything's gonna be okay, Tina". You see, your father and your Father are always ready to pick you up, wipe off your tears and set you on your way, singing and smiling like the little girl that looked up into my eyes at such a young age and ask me, "Daddy, am I finally a Christain?".
Love
Dad
Here's to Tina-Aid! Blessings on this next chapter...
Post a Comment
<< Home