Thursday, September 19, 2002

I have just gotten home from Mixing for four hours. I entered AES (Audio Enginnering Society) Student chapter's "Mix Master" Competition. You pay $5 and get 4 hours of mix time, a cd to burn your mix on, and teacher critiques- plus if you win you get a gift certificate to buy gear. I am excited to see what the professors say about my mix. I definately did the best I could in the time given. I had tons of fun. There was one part where I came in a bit early... these boards didn't have a lot of the automation and special features that the ones I am on now have. They are in the lab room from my 4th month. They do this so all audio students after 4th month can join the contest. I kinda hope I don't win so I can do it again next month. (The winner can't enter again for a couple months.) It was funny how much more I knew about the stuff in that room from four months more study. Anyway... I am excited and had to share. Have a good night's sleep. Might take a while for me to calm down. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home