Sunday, March 30, 2003

Went to Grace Community Church this morning. It is a big church- it is where John MacArthur preaches. He is a gifted teacher. The sermon was surrounding the over my head area, without getting to far up there. There is no way I could take in everything he said, but there were definately points that challenged me and I will try to apply and take to heart. The message was on humility... and I am definately in the depths of that struggle right now.

Another insight though is this. I am finding comfort in diversity like never before. It is amazing as I go around the LA area there are places where one race is the majority. I feel uncomfortable in those places... I don't think that is wrong. But I find such peace when I am in areas that are no more one race than another. Example... well church today, but that wasn't when it first struck me :) Yesterday, instead of being inside all day- I walked over to Best Buy and Panda Express in the shopping center that I am staying next to. It hit me while I was walking that I was extremely comfortable doing so. I looked around and there were so many people from so many different backgrounds. But people didn't speak in other languages, and when they did I didn't care. I just felt like I was where I was suppose to be. I loved seeing all the different kinds of people and all the cute kids. I think that is more of what Heaven will be like than anywhere else I have been. There is just a comfort and a peace in diversity! Thank you God for showing me that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home