Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I had a great day yesterday. Lydia (my friend from college who now works where I use to work in Madison, Wisconsin) was in town for a wedding. I went down to her aunt's home in Ranco Palos Verde. Their house is beautiful with a view of Catalina Island. I went down there and picked up Lydia, her mother, and sister. I brought them to my humble apartment (especially compared to the mansion I was just in) and then showed them around my area of town. We ate lunch accross from Ikea and then Lydia and I went to Starbucks and talked while her mother and sister went shopping in the mall. It was SOOOO good to talk with Lydia. I haven't seen her in almost two years!! It is amazing how we didn't loose a beat. When we found her family, I gave them a driving tour of Beverly Hills and Westwood. I ended up eating an international meal... Lydia's family is Egyptian. Then I stayed watched a little tv, talked with her family, and ended the night with one more conversation with Lydia. It was a great day- even though we couldn't talk her into staying longer. Oh well... next time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home