Tuesday, June 24, 2003

I know everyone is dying to know what I have been up to seen I have dropped off the face of the communication earth. I have been really busy and I am exhausted now b/c of it. I have had a really full 2 weeks. Only a couple of days after Lydia came I headed up to Las Vegas. I stayed there a couple of days with my grandparents and second cousin. Las Vegas is pretty cool.... just on the edge of gauty, but remains more entertaining than cheesy. Paul and I went to some of the free shows and a lot of the arcades. We rode the rollercoaster at New York, New York Casino. It was fun doing Las Vegas with a 13 year old.

Then I brought Paul back to LA. We did the scenic drives through Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica... getting out at a few places, like the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Mann's Chinese Theater, and the Santa Monica pier. Then we went to a movie.... can't come to LA without going to a movie... and went to a Dodgers game. That was soo much fun... and the Dodgers won!!

The next morning I got up early to wait in line for Harry Potter 5 books and then Paul and I had a reading contest to see who could get farther. :) Paul won only b/c I kept getting phone calls and my friend Matthew got here... and I ended up driving back to Las Vegas.

Matthew got here around lunch on Saturday... took a brief nap... which Paul and I didn't contest- b/c it gave us more reading time. :) Then we loaded my car and headed back to Las Vegas. There we met back up with MawMaw and PawPaw and had a fun buffet dinner. MawMaw, PawPaw, and Paul left the next morning and Matthew and I stayed in Vegas. We went to the Star Trek Museum (Matthew wanted to do that- for those of you who know how I feel about Star Trek) then we went to a variety show. It was really neat... and well done. I see why the Vegas shows are so loved. Then we walked the strip and saw the outdoor shows. I love the fountain at the Belliago... it is definately my favorite thing in Vegas!! We stayed another night and then yesterday went to Hoover Dam. We had a Dam tour with our Dam guide. It was neat... and not tooo hot... thank you God. After the Dam.... we headed back to LA. I need to catch up on my work and get ready for Bible Study tonight... not to mention finding time to finish the Harry Potter book :) Which so far is all I wanted AND MORE!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home