Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sitting here rubbing a purrin cat. She really wants the hand I am typing with rubbong her instead, but I haven't yet filled you in on my birthday a how work is going.

Birthday Weekend
Well really started Thursday night with a suprise party a Small Group. What a wonderful bunch, oh how I praise God for them!!! Then the office got me a cake and cards on Friday. Saturday was wonderful!! My roommate and future roommate suprised me with a Real British fancy tea. It was sooo cool. Great tea, little sandwiches, scones, pastries. And some girls from small group joined us, what a nice suprise! After that I played a serivce a church. Everyone was so loving and wished me happy birthday all around. The Saddleback orchestra really is a great group. It think of all the time and skill and talent that they give with so little in return... but I get off track :) After playing I join some of the office folks and friends from LA for a dinner and comedy club. Though the comedy got a little off color sometimes... it was really good. A great but long day! SUNDAY- the big day :) Was pretty relaxed. I went to church that morning then went with a friend from Bible Study over to see the apartment. To my suprise my landlord was there and we got to see inside. It looks SOOOO nice! It will be like moving into a new home. Everything will be new- appliances, paint, flooring! Then we went to Wahoos. Yes I got a fish taco. You don't know what you're missing if you haven't had a fish taco... YUMMY!! Then rested most the afternoon. My roommate cooked a wonderful dinner and her son and I joined her in eating it. It was a great birthday. Even with out snorkeling and sailing.

Work
It is actually going pretty well. We had an awesome last Friday over $26,000 went into the bank (which is a good Monday for us... not a Friday total). Then Monday we had the most orders we have had in a long time. Not sure what happened, but I hope it continues. Moral has picked up along with the work load. Let's just pray that old habits do not form and we just spend more, b/c we are taking in more. Though Janurary we look back at a lot of debt, without that debt it would have been a profitable month. That is a major praise these days. We do not need anymore months in the red.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina, it is kind of funny that the things you talk about in your business income is the same that I talk about in our church income. Let me explain. These past two years, we have been weened majorly from our supporting churches. It is much like a college student who leave the home to start school or the bride who takes her grooms hand in matrimony and starts a new life together.

As this has happened, our giving (or income) has not caught up yet to make up for what we have lost. Therefore, the last two years, we have slowly eaten into our cash reserves. I have realized that this year, we cannot do this because we are at the bottom of that barrel and need to turn the corner in this.

I have been pushing our church people to step it up in giving and actually preaching a series on stewardship right now. I hope, at the minimum, it raises the awareness. We had a 58% increase in growth this last year with new family units, so hopefully as this continues, God will bring faithful givers.

Financially speaking, we are looking at masterplanning our site, hiring Joe more full time, and moving forward with construction, so I hope this year will be a record year in the are of giving. I hope and pray!

Anyway, I see some similarities, because you are hoping for no more red months...this is what I am praying for as well!! I thought that was neat, hope my long response did not muffle this connection!!

Love ya bunches!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sircellan said...

Keep up the good work with the business. I always find it amazing thinking about how you dreamed of doing film music and seeing how God has guided you where He wants you to be and use you best!

My birthday last year was spent at church in the nursery in the morning, and leading the music group at church in the evening. That's how my wedding anniversary will be spent this year as well - except they're hosting a lunch (just for me, of course..) for the nursery and children's work helpers, which I'll hopefully go to. I'm glad you were surrounded by love from friends and family on the days around your birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home