OK.... There are two subjects I now would like to cover in this blog on a regular basis. 1- Work situation. 2- PEACE. This is great b/c it holds me accountable for it. You know me though... I am bound to throw in funny stories and dreams and keep you up on the day to day of what it is to be me. (Like the fact I move into the new condo on MONDAY!!!!)
Work
Again, things are going pretty well. After the monstrous last weekend, we hope that things do not slow down. We lost one of our major resources for product (the place that we would have gone on the cruise with) but we have found other resource for most of the product lines. These resources are actually very impressed with the volume we handle. We had worked with them in the past, but due to better discounts and stuff we had used the other company. I am feeling displaced at the moment. My only help has moved on to another job. I know I need to finish the "CEO" thing. We still need clear planning and goals, but my web/data team is just me now. There are things there that need to get done too. As I look around I see the "to-do" box just piling up. I dread starting on it, but I know for the long term that the goal planning is so much more important.
PEACE
For those of you new to the concept of PEACE I will give a short run down here. Then I will bring you more up to speed with where I am in it in the next entry. PEACE is an acronym (very Saddleback!) for the ways to combat what Rick Warren sees as the 5 global giants. Each letter correlates with a giant.
1. Spiritual Emptiness- Plant Churches.
2. Corrupt/Egocentric Leadership- Encourage Servant Leadership
3. Poverty- Assist the Poor
4. Pandemic Disease- Care for the sick
5. Illiteracy- Education the Next Generation
This is all purpose driven, attacks the giants, carried out by small groups, church to church, and goes to the whole world. You'll see how these unfold as I struggle and progress further into PEACE. Feel free to post questions in the comments as well. And most of all pray for PEACE!! That is the fuel that will run this God movement in this world!


3 Comments:
I was sharing with a friend at lunch this week (a non-believer) what P.E.A.C.E. means. I said I wanted to go on a missions trip and she had visions of me thumping some African tribesman on the head with a Bible and insisting he begin praying to God!
My mission to share Christ's love with others, to come alongside them as their friend in Christ. I sometimes wonder if an unreached people group is NOT a group who has not HEARD of Christ but one that has not FELT the LOVE of Christ.
Well, maybe it's both! We are on mission to spread the gospel and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. We love ourselves enough to provide food, clothing, education, healthcare, etc. so, we are CALLED to love our neighbors in the same manner. It is up to the people to accept Christ into their hearts. But it is our calling as Christians to LOVE them like Jesus.
Then my friend said she thought this "PEACE-thingy was pretty beautiful!!"
Danielle - Wonderful response! Thank you for sharing this insight. I know that God will call you to individuals, just like this friend who asked you about P. E. A. C. E. Your response was a witness to your friend here on the home mission filed (your Jeruselum). I am certain that God has a large number of "divine appointments" for you in Rwanda. And may I suggest that you be prepared to not only show your LOVE through witnessing, but also through offering prayers of healing ... and of rebuking demonic beings. It was on evangelic missions into the favillas of Brazil that my eyes were opened wide to what Satan has done in places where he is invited. I do not want to stereotype a nation or a continent, but the Africans seem to know and fear the evil spirits that live and thrive in the jungles. Many Africans will also worship them or wear jewelry intended to protect them from the evil spirits (thus the need NOT to wear much jewelry when we trust Jesus). And when those spirits are feared or worshipped, they will take residence within those beings - God's creations. The name of Jesus will truly be far more than a thump of the Bible. It will be the name at which those demons will shutter and eventually flee.
I cannot recount all the experiences God allowed me, but be ready...be prepared to rightly divide the Word of God, as it will be the only weapon you will have.
Some experiences...it is humbling to have a woman walk from so far away and ask for prayer from the white man (or woman)....or for a young 10 year old boy to look at your with those big white eyes and say, "My mother wants you to come to our house to pray for the deaf"...or to see a woman barely able to walk, as she comes to church and have a smile and strenght in her step as she comes the last day fo the week...or to baptize 155 people on Sunday many of whom you witnessed to through the week (many of whom have never had their heads under water)...or see a crippled man stand up off his pallet and say, "I have been praying to the gods all my life that you would come" (notice little "g").
You will be blessed as you are a blessing. Carry your love and many will come to the well to drink.
Wow! What a wealth of experience God has given you in your life. Praise Him! These are gifts from God: our individual journeys and the unique ways He binds us to Him. May they all continue to be for His glory! I look forward to reading more of your loving journeys and Tina's!
Post a Comment
<< Home