Monday, February 13, 2006

So far I love having a roommate!! There is always so much going on around here. It is soo totally opposite from my life before. I finally feel like I am living life out with people instead of watching people. I am sure there will be trials ahead, but so far so good!

Preparations for the Rwanda trip are underway. I am really excited to help the Rwandan people (the ordinary people) take ownership of their role in the church. It is amazing how Rwanda, the most "churched" country in Africa could have mass genicide. One of the problems shared with us is how the people do not feel like they have to do anything. They just let the leadership decide and then are loyal to what they are told. But there is no heart in it, no desire to serve. Going as ordinary people to this place showing them that ordinary people can make a difference... I hope it is a witness louder than any they have yet heard. That they will open their hearts, not just their ears to what God is saying to them.

Work is stable. I am moving into an office on Monday and we are pulling all of our staff back into the back rooms. It has been stressful to have one person who has to be managed more than the others. It is a shame that we can not just leave her where she is, but we know she will not work. Then does she really need to be there? We ask ourselves that all the time.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Sircellan said...

I've had a roommate for almost six years now. Most of the time, it's fine. He does the dishes. He's great with the kids. He remembers to take out the garbage the night before the bins are emptied.

When I worked at Teacher Certification, there were a couple of people who needed to be monitored constantly. In fact, there was one lady we were forced to take who, for a year, never did any work. Or she'd do work incorrectly, which was much worse. It was typical government mess... she'd been fired, but it was under dubious circumstances, so to get her to not take the gvt to court over her firing, she was given a job in OUR DEPARTMENT (we were always on the wrong end of the stick in the Dept. of Education). She was okay, though there weren't many brains in her head, but she caused us a lot of problems beginning with the problem that we didn't have any desk space for her and had to make something up that was comparable to the others in the same position (because she'd take the Dept to court for not being treated fairly). After a few months, people figured out that we should monitor her work, so they did and managed to get her fired legally (she was supposed to be stuck with us for five years). Anyway, enough rambling from me.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back to blogging...we have missed it!! Also, we had a family from Saddleback come to church this past Sunday. They have only lived here for two weeks and visited our church...wow! I told them about my lil sis involved at Saddleback and they were excited. Great to have a sister who helps me identify with my visitors!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home