Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Book Update
I am on page 326 of 1007. Gandalf just fell into darkness and the rest of the Fellowship are on their way to Lothlorien. I was a little suprised in the formation of the Fellowship. In the movie it is such a brave thing that these men stand up and volunteer for the service. In the book-- well first of all I find it hilarious that Bilbo is the first to volunteer and is told no-- Frodo and Sam's volunteering is quite noble, as in the film. But the others are appointed by Elrond and Gandalf has to talk him into allowing Merry and Pippin to go. Also something left out was the reforging of the sword that was used by Isildur to cut the ring from Sauron's hand. Aragorn takes this as his only sword. I think that will be an important detail... though it is not yet where I am in the book.

Can you tell I am reallt enjoying this? :) Well I hope to be on to the Two Towers in the next couple of days. New material! And I will warn you before I put anything down about it- so you will know not to read it if you are waiting for the movie to get details instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home