Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Back in business. Got phone line put in today. I still have a week until they are suppose to hook up my DSL, but I will put up with dialup service until then. It is good to be back online and catching up with friends. Mark (Ruth's son) is growing up fast and getting all his molars in at once. Is that normal? Seems cruel to me... poor Mark.

The new place is beginning to look and feel like a home. Got a sofa bed, two side tables (tv on one), and bookshelf at Ikea. That gives me a place to sit, sleep, and put stuff... so I am happy :) Also got two stools from Target to use on the kitchen counter. I don't need a kitchen table b/c I have so much high counter space I can just pull up a stool and eat. Since I got the sofa I can just use one of my tv trays I brought from SC with that too. The only big thing missing is the fridge. That will be delievered on Friday. After that I will be able to get frozen stuff and eat in more. The cooler is working fine for now. Use it for milk and juice and sandwich meat and all. I did buy a toaster oven. Those who know me well know I must have my cheese toast in the morning :) and now I do!

I am enjoying my new place and getting stuff for it... but the reality is that my savings will run out if I don't get back on the job hunt. I hope to get back on that wagon soon. Not sure what to do next. But I am sure I will come up with something. Having a new address gives me a great oppurtunity to recontact some places that I send resumes to. You know, "I just wanted to let you know that my address has changed... and oh... by the way... I can still start anytime. Snatch me up before the others :)" Well... updates will come as soon as they occur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home