Holding pattern is the theme of now. Well... not really... I still have phone calls to make and emails to send, but a lot of it is just waiting for people to get back to me too. Yesterday I got to speak to an old aquantance of Buffy and Don- but more Buffy- who is in the Bay area about 6 hours north of me. So why did I talk to him? He use to be in LA writing music for film. He was extremely encouraging and told me about the church he attended and work at while in LA. I am going to try and visit that church this weekend. If it isn't a fit I will go back and give Rocky Peak a try again. This new church- Lake Avenue (www.lakeave.org) is in Pasadena and has Contemporary and Traditonal services. The guy also suggested the possiblity of me working at the church while I search for industry work. I am not sure if this would work out, but it would be a great oppurtunity and I have the experience for it.
Today- Victor and I went to In and Out for lunch. In and Out is a fast food restuarant that was started in Southern California. They have had the same menu (which is double cheeseburger, cheeseburger, hamburger, and fries) forever. Everything is fresh not frozen. It is a neat place... but at the same time... they are just hamburgers! Sorry Renee... but I am liking it better each time I go :) After that Victor and I walked over to Barnes and Noble... I got an industry magazine and a chai, then we went to see Phone Booth.
OK THIS IS COOL!!! As I was sitting through the credits of phone booth.... and how many people laugh b/c I sit through credits... anyway... I saw some names in the credits of people I know here in LA. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! It turns out that the guy and his partner who I sat in the studio with a couple of weeks ago (the guy who made me go out and see Robert Redford) were the Re-Recording Mixers for Phone Booth. It was neat to see their names, because I had no idea they worked on that film.
After the movie, we walked to the mall where Victor got some pants (trousers for the British readers) and shirts. I also got some jeans and a really cool and rather funky top. It is a lot of fun and VERY LA. Maybe if Victor finds his camera I can put a pick of it up for you. :) Hope everyone is doing well... and I will let you know if anything big happens here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home