Ok... today was awesome. Started right and ended with a nice suprise. I met with a Vice President at Fox Studios this morning. She is incharge of the budget... and making sure films stay on it. She was a stretch of a contact... but turned out to be an awesome person to talk to. I sat with her and her assistant and we chatted about LA how they got where they are and what I can do next. She is going to call around and see a way for me into the industry. Oh-- the most recent movie of hers that opened you may or may not have heard of.... it is called DareDevil. :)
After a wonderful lunch with Victor at Olive Garden (eating nice while we still have some money) we drove over to a post house so I could drop of my resume in person. It was Weddington Studios... just go to their website (www.weddington.com)... they have done too many movies to include them all here. Victor and I went in and started talking to their office manager. She mentioned that they had just gotten an intern from Full Sail. It was the guy who spoke at Graduation!! I can't say that I had ever met him before... but it was WILD that we saw him there. We ended up staying at Weddington for about two hours. Victor and I really enjoyed talking with the staff there. Business is slow there right now, but hopefully it will pick up and I will get called back... even better maybe Vic and I both will. :)
So- still no job.... but hopefully soon and I am making good contacts! Now dinner... left overs from Olive Garden :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home