Monday, January 02, 2006

As I am sitting here watching the Rose Parade. Just thinking back to my last 3 New Years nights. They were all soo different.

2003-2004 I was standing in my Burbank Studio apartment with two great friends. Renee would not let us go to sleep even after I was so bummed that we had to watch the ball drop on delay and not live at 9pm. There was some Martinalle's sparkling cider. It was wonderful to be with such great friends!!

2004-2005 I went to Pasadena and stayed with a friend and her sister. The night of New Year's eve we went to a resturant where the new President of Disney had bought us some champagne. Most of it was gone by the time I got there... which I was not totally upset about. It was an interesting experience and we spent much of the next morning watching live the Rose Parade. I never knew there was such a delay between floats and SOOOO many horses. I did see Clay Aiken... that was pretty cool.

2005-2006 In my new home I was surround by 21 (felt like hundreds) of teenagers. My new housemate's son is part of the high school ministry at church and invited over some friends for New Years. It was interesting... that's for sure. They were good kids. Played a guitar video game for HOURS!! At the count down we sang Happy Birthday to one of the guys and started the new year. It was loud for the rest of the night, but I will survive. I did live on campus for 3 years! This was nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home