The end of my first week. There have been laughs and tears, ups and downs, blah blah blah. This is hard stuff. What responsibility!! There are 8 people who are directly affected by these decisions and so many more who are connected to these people. Not to mention those who we distribute for and our customers. Heavy stuff. How do you maintain integrity and hope when all around you is dark? I praise God that I am where I am today. That I have this next breath and that I have been given the opportunities I have. It is only in God that I find hope.
The best part of this week is my intentionally praying for everyone at the office. I also have been praying for guidance and a way out of this mess. I am reading through Psalms and see how time and time again God reached into David's life and blessed, rescued, and rebuilt. At the same time, looking at footage of the genocide in Rwanda... I wonder why didn't God reach out and save them? I wonder which outcome will my business have. I know it is not the same as either situation I mentions, but I see how vast God's plans are. I see how he can use pain and failure, but also how he can build it back up.
I have been encouraged by the focus on integrity and doing stuff because it is right. Not tweaking and bending the system, but taking the consequences. Now, does that mean if a bunch of money came our way right now that the same mistakes would not have been made? I cannot say, but I hope not. Please continue to pray for this business, all the people affected in it, and those who God has put in a place of leadership here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home