So... the current President/CEO keeps saying "I don't want to say anything to lead you" "I really want you to look on this with a fresh set of eyes". BUT then he goes and says stuff like "Ya know, I think it all boils down to a problem with focus. We are spending so much energy, but I think it is on the wrong things." and "I think we really need to look into manufacturing. That is where the big bucks are."
Come on!!! Let me do my thing. :) I really do want to focus inwardly before outward. I know there are ways to increase (have) cashflow and better time management/systems. But until I get in there and really look at the specifics I am not sure how to do this. He is completely right though. We do need a purpose, focus, and goals. Long-term and short-term. We need them so we can celebrate them when achieved and asked the hard questions if we fail.
My challenge this week is to get my department ready for me to be gone from it for a little over a month. That is hard to do when I have one part-time person working in it. And that person may not be able to work in it at all when another employee starts full-time school. What a mess.
So I am finally reading this book my dad has been telling me about for atleast a year. I am so glad I am. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Still in the opening intro and first habit, but it has applied already. Can't wait to see how it will continue to guide me. Also had a great sermon this week on goal settings. Rick Warren introduced a new part of goal setting that had not heard. Part of sucess when it comes to acheiving a goal is claiming a promise from God. What an amazing concept! Think about it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home