Thursday, May 18, 2006

Wow... strange day. I sent the guy in charge of hiring a thank you email for his time and told him I understand their position. He emailed me back today. He said that he didn't know why the lady from HR called. He still wants me to come in and talk with them. I finally got the amount the job pays... and it is about $1200 less than I make now. Imagine that!!! Making even less money than I do now. Oh boy. I did not want to shut the door, but if that is the case... I have to start making some tough decisions. Like getting a second job or staying part-time where I am... or just saying no.

Couple of hours lated:
He emailed me again and said that he would really like to continue with the hiring process for me. He atleast wants to get me in a talk... and see where it goes. I think it is really appealing to them that I know Finale. That would really help them out a ton. So, we'll see where this goes. Like a said strangeness... I was ready to move on... but I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet :)

5 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Praying that God will open and close doors as is his desires for you.

Just tell them that you need more $$$.

You don't ask, you don't get.

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, is it $1200 less yearly salaary or $1200 per month? Are benefits included? Will they put in the Southern Bapitst Annuity since Saddleback is SBC? there are a lot more factors than just salary total. I say if its yearly total, then it is certainly worth pursuing. My $.02.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sircellan said...

That's what the grant funding people did to David. His boss said he should be asking for a significant raise. They said he was being overpaid before. So, we got the same salary... and all our bills went up by five percent. That's a paycut. When our lease is up, we're hopefully downsizing to a small house and a smaller rent. Then, we get to go through the whole 'where's the next job' process again...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Another thought...

Cello Lessons!!!!

I dunno...if this job doesn't pan out...you're free to becoming a rock star.

You can play Purple Haze on your cello, right?

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetheart....I know the answer. Do you remember what you told us when you were 5 (or so) years old? Just do that..... marry an orthodontist!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home